Sunday High Tide







Well, we went to the beach. There was nearly no beach at all, just the Whidbey cliffs and about a foot wide sandy-gravelly area to walk on.

Not too bad, till we got to the area where the trees were leaning into the water, no point in getting wet, at least not in November. I need those tennis shoes to stay dry.

Doggy didn't care tho. He loves the water, but he won't get completely in the water. When he was a small puppy, he fell into the cold waters of Puget Sound. He had fun swimming, but the next day I noticed his tail was tucked down, between his legs. I thought he had a sticker, or a burr stuck under the tail, and when I went to look, he yelped, a scared cry of 'don't touch me there'.

So, I went online, and looked up 'broken tail' ... couldn't think what else to look up. It turns out there is a condition some dogs have, called 'cold tail'. Happily, his tail sprang back to life in a few days, and this smart dog has never wanted to swim underwater again. Wading is just fine he says with a grin.

After we got home, he rolled around in the weeds to dry off.

No comments: