The Place With the Sand



My dog speaks English.
If anyone says the word
'beach',
they had better be prepared to actually go to the beach. Right now.

We often refer to the beach as 'the place with the sand' to avoid the direct stare of the dog, or worse, the intense crazy dog routine.
Today is my day off, and my dog and I are going to go to the place with the sand, if the tide is out far enough. So far, when I look over the high cliff to see if there is actually any sand below, I can't see any beach. I haven't said the word BEACH, but my dog knows when I look over the cliff edge, that we might go to the beach. Since I'm back inside, sitting up here typing this report for you, he is depressed. No shoes activity from me means no beach activity.
I'm going to eat my lunch, then we'll get dressed, he in his harness and leash, me in my shoes and coat, and we'll go see in person if there is enough beach. It's November, but unusually warm for Whidbey Island.

No point getting him all excited just yet. Lunch first.

No comments: